The way your website is designed and presented influences your opportunities to make money online. A professionally designed and well presented website will bring you a lot of customers and sales.
So, what common mistakes drive visitors away from a website?
• A template that is similar to other websites. There are a lot of website templates which although they make things easy for you since you get a ready-to-go website for your online business; they are not good for your business in the long term. It is not good for your business if your website is similar to hundreds and thousands others. Online customers do not want to see precisely the same website layout. Have your own original website designed, or if buy the ready made website template, it is highly recommended that you hire someone to adjust your template to personalize it and make it your own.
• Confusing websites. These are the websites whose layout is not efficient, and you can not easily navigate the site. For some websites, the website name, URL and blog names do not seem related the website’s focus. These websites can also have a lot of products and services on offer that are not related. Make sure that your website, as well as services and products you offer are focused.
• Too many graphics. Too many graphics simply make your website slow to load. For many people websites with too many graphics can be annoying and unprofessional. These graphics do not add much to your website in terms of search engine rankings or user-friendliness, and are not therefore helpful for your online business. What is important to have on your website is distinctive, relevant and high quality content.
• Ineffective use of keywords and phrases. This is essential for your visibility on search engines. Make sure that your website is well optimized.
• A website that lacks any “benefits” to prospects. Although you are selling your online business’ services or products mainly, your website must also offer the reader high quality unique information. Also, if you offer an e-zine or e-course on your website, it must also offer some useful information. It is also a good idea that you get creative and offer many other “stuff” that relates to your website. The idea is to make visitors want to come back again.
If you want to succeed online, it is important that you avoid these common website mistakes. A professional and informative website will make your visitors want to come back again, which is good for your business.